If you've made it this far, you've probably looked through my website, loved my work, and are ready to take the next steps! Yay! You've probably noticed that I don't do a lot of smiling at the camera photos. That's just not what I'm about, and quite frankly, that's not what's in style these days. Gone are the days of portraits at Walmart and JCPenney. Now it's all about capturing moments. Real, intimate, raw emotion-filled moments.
Authenticity is important to me. I'm not just some photographer with a camera. I don't want these to be just another set of portraits for you. I want to capture the essence of who you are. The real laughs. The real smiles. The stolen kisses. The love between you. That is what I live for.
If you love my work, but you are afraid I might be out of your budget, reach out anyway! I try to keep my prices affordable, while still making it possible for me to earn a living and support my family. I am always willing to work with budgets, and I even offer payment plans. I know that photography is an expensive investment! But, at the end of your wedding day (or whatever life stage you're at), when all the toasts are done and the last dance is danced, all you'll have left is your own memories and your photos to remember it by. I want those photos to be worth something. Exactly how you remember it. And ultimately, I want you to hire me because you love my work, not because the price is right.
How it works
1. SAY HELLO | Recently engaged? Having a baby? Want to celebrate your body? Congratulations! And I am honored that you are interested in working with me. Head over to the contact page to send me an email for all the information you need or to see if your date is available.
2. LETS CHAT | We will start to discuss what you are envisioning for your session. From styling tips on what to wear, or props we can use, we will create something you are proud to hang on your walls and look over for many years to come! Free consultations are available in the North Kansas City area or via phone/video chat.
3. CONTRACT + DEPOSIT | Once we have decided dates and locations, you will receive an invoice and contract via email. These documents will outline the details we discussed and the services to be provided. The deposit is due at this time and will lock in your date and guarantee my services. Remaining balances will be outlined in the payment schedule on your invoice with specific due dates.
4. BOOKED | After you pay your deposit and sign the contract, you are officially booked! We will further discuss any creative details and get prepared for your upcoming session! If you are booking a wedding, at this point you will receive a questionnaire to provide details for your wedding day.
5. SESSION DATE | This is the fun part! We finally get to see all of our ideas come to life. And most importantly, we will create real life moments. I will guide you in simple poses, and help create some candid moments. Doing my very best to capture who you truly are.
6. SNEAK PEAKS | Within a few days after your session I will provide you with a couple of sneak peaks. Typically on my Facebook page. You will be allowed to share these and use them as profile photos. Please remember to give credit to Wonder Wood Photography. But please wait for any printing until you receive your final gallery with your high resolution images.
7. PRODUCTS DELIVERED | After 2-8 weeks (depending on your type of session) you will receive an email with a link to download your online gallery! If your package included any other products you will receive them via mail or we can schedule a time to meet up or for me to personally deliver them.
8. DONE | Yay! You have officially finished your session with Wonderwood Photography. Print those photos and display them in glory. I thoroughly hope that you enjoyed every moment of your experience. And I hope that we were able to create images that truly captured this special time in your life and that you will cherish forever. If it was every thing you hoped for please head on over to my Facebook page and leave a review! Thank you!
Weddings start at $1200
Basic packages include 4-8 hours of coverage, online gallery and print release. All-inclusive packages include coverage ranging from 6-8 hours, a second photographer, complimentary engagement session, wooden keepsake box with select prints and a USB, as well as an online gallery and print release.
I understand that no two weddings are alike, so I offer many different options and prefer to create custom packages for each individual. Fill out a contact form for more information on wedding coverage!
Couples start at $300
Already got your wedding photographer and just need some engagement photos?! Or maybe you’re celebrating an anniversary with a fun photo shoot?! I’m your gal.
A couples shoot includes 1-2 outfits, and all the best photos via online gallery with a print release.
Boudoir starts at $350
An album full of fun, intimate photos makes the perfect gift for your soon-to-be spouse on your wedding day! Choose between an indoor session at my studio in West Bottoms, or an outdoor session in a semi-private location. Packages also include the option for hair and make up.
Maternity starts at $300
birth stories start at $1000
On call from 37 weeks, coverage from 5-6 cm dilation through birth and up to two hours post delivery, online gallery and print release.
Newborns start at $350
Choose between a Fresh 48 or an in-home lifestyle session.
Fresh 48’s are done at the hospital post birth. Lifestyle Newborns’s are in-home sessions that typically occur 2-4 weeks after baby is born. They usually take place in the baby’s nursery, but can be in any room with good natural window lighting.
Sessions include up to 2 hours of coverage and all the best photos via online gallery and print release.
what are you waiting for?! Let’s do the dang thing!